Regardless of the cargo – from tanks, trucks and boats to oil rigs and big industrial moulds – freighting any special project is high stakes and fraught with risk.
To avoid costly or frustrating delays, confiscations, damage and even loss, it's imperative that a professional freight forwarding company like Hawk Ellery OS is given responsibility for ensuring the door-to-door delivery of the cargo.
After decades of extensive experience in freight forwarding, Hawk Ellery OS is able to offer clients a trinity of elements essential for ultimate success:
- Careful planning
- Reliable international partners
- Quality information
Important details about the cargo and its movement that must be considered, include:
- Accurate specifications, including but not limited to, height, weight, special features;
- Appropriate route and best transport;
- A thorough grasp of local conditions;
- Special considerations i.e. are any special fittings needed for the sea voyage?
- Carefully plotted path, including all paperwork cleared and partner teams ready and waiting ahead of time;
- Co-ordinating of truckers, rail, stevedores, shipping agents and overseas partners;
- Potential delays and hiccups from officials such as Customs, the Food and Drug Administration, the Ministry for Primary Industries - especially when it comes to inevitable concerns about contaminants;
- How the freight is properly secured on ships, rail and other modes of transport;
- Calling ahead, liaising, making sure all the pieces are in place; and
- Keeping you, the customer, informed with timely and accurate information.
Services that Hawk Ellery OS is capable of delivering include:
- Break Bulk/OOG/
- Project Cargoes
- Global Multimodal Services
- Heavy Lifting
- Supply Chain Management
- Vessel Chartering
- Project Management
- Marine Insurance